It never fails; around this time of year women start sweating and it isn't from the rising temperatures. Beach and pool days are around the corner and none of us look quite like the Victoria's Secret swimsuit models wearing the bikinis we just bought. Honestly, I am not interested in looking like Adriana or Heidi. I just want to look like Jennifer Aniston:
The woman is in her 40s and she looks better than most 20 year olds. In three months I am going to look (a little bit more) like her, too. I promise you in 79 days I will be putting a photograph of myself in a bikini up here. My resolve is strong. I taped up "inspirational pictures" around my apartment so I don't forget my goal.
To kick off my "Jennifer Aniston in 3 Months" program, I ate a super healthy dinner: Tasty Grilled Thai Beef Salad with Spicy Peanut Dressing. Healthy, homemade and really effing tasty.
- 1/2 lb beef flank steak
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3 tblsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbslp soy sauce
- 4 tblsp sugar
- 1/2 medium carrot
- 1 mango
- 1 tblsp chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 1/4 cup canola oil
1. Marinate the flank steak in lime juice, red pepper flakes, 1 tblsp rice vinegar, 1 tblsp soy sauce, and 1 tsp ground ginger for 30 minutes, flipping the beef over after 15 minutes.
2. Dice the mango and red onion. Chop the cilantro. Use a vegetable peeler to shave the carrot. Place all of the produce in a bowl. Add about 1 tblsp of sugar, 1 tblsp rice vinegar and a pinch of salt to the mixture and allow to macerate.
3. Make the salad dressing by combining the peanut butter, 2 tblsp canola oil, 1 tblsp sriracha, 2 tblsp sugar, 1 1/2 tblsp rice vinegar and red pepper flakes. Add a pinch of salt and refrigerate.
4. Heat a grill pan and add canola oil. Grill the steak for about 7 minutes each side. Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes. Slice the beef thinly.
5. Place lettuce, mango salsa and beef slice on plate. Drizzle peanut dressing. Enjoy!