Friday, July 23, 2010

How's the Job Hunt?

Well, I haven't heard from either of the places I interviewed with in Charleston. 

Being unemployed is like spending your days in an alternate universe. The days are marked by the same, repetitive activities. Wake up. Make coffee. Check on the garden. Go to the gym. Apply for jobs. Call about interviews. Cook something new. Hang out with someone. Don't spend money. There are only so many permutations of these tasks you can rearrange. After a while it begins to feel like you are moving through molasses. The days pass by at a decreasing pace. Each night, crawling into bed, you ask yourself (somehow tired), "What did I do today? How is it midnight?" The calendar tells you, to your disbelief, you have been applying, interviewing, inquiring, and (desperately) searching for a position for a month.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to my life. I feel your pain--nice knowing I'm not alone :)

    ReplyDelete