Sunday, August 1, 2010

P90X and Chicken Salad

For the past few days I have been doing P90X! I definitely can tell a difference, but I have not been the healthiest eater, unfortunately. Since graduating from college I've gained about 15-20 pounds. Last year I lost 70 and I am disappointed in myself for gaining some of it back. 

What I've been cooking, and wanting to learn to cook, has not been exactly low calorie or healthy. Last year a lot of my weight loss can be credited to my eating habits. I lived with a vegetarian, so vegetables made up the majority of my diet. I only ate meat, usually chicken or fish, about twice a week. Most of my protein came from dairy and nuts. I was also running between 18 and 28 miles per week. 


I'm determined to find some healthy but delicious meals to go along with this whole P90X deal.


Two days ago I made Curried Chicken Salad. I love, love, LOVE chicken salad. This salad, however, was not such a success. I poached three chicken breasts (I have a fail proof recipe), cooled and shredded them. I combined the shredded chicken with chopped onion, celery, and dried apricots. The only problem I had, however, was with the "dressing." I used a combination of mayonnaise and lowfat yogurt. The first batch I made was way too salty, I am ashamed to admit. The second batch wasn't too bad, but it lacked the curry taste I was seeking. I have a task, find or create the perfect Curried Chicken Salad recipe.



No comments:

Post a Comment