Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Indochine

The the right of Burrito Gallery you will find Indochine. Up the wrought iron stairs you'll be greeted with exposed brick walls, friendly service and very flavorful Thai inspired food. Indochine offers a number of appetizers, delicious looking cocktails (that I didn't indulge in as it was lunchtime-- but I'll be back!), main courses from the wok and curries.


A friend and I split the spring rolls as an appetizer for our lunch date and they were exactly what you want in a spring roll: fresh, satisfying and light enough to whet your appetite without spoiling it. The accompanying sweet sauce was equally light and brought out the flavors of the shrimp, fresh vegetables, mint, cilantro and chicken. 

Indochine has a heat scale for its entrees ranging from 1-6, one being not spicy and six being Thai spicy (aka smoke coming out of your ears hot.) Being a fan of very spicy food I decided four would be a good jumping off point. It took me a long time to decide which curry I wanted, but the chicken panang curry came highly recommended by our waitress. She made an excellent recommendation, though I doubt any other curry would be a poor selection. The flavor profile of the curry was excellent: substantial, creamy, spicy and well rounded. I was pleased with the level of heat. I couldn't finish the generous portion, but I would definitely order the panang curry again. 


Indochine on Urbanspoon



2 comments: