Saturday, February 19, 2011

Poogan's Porch: Biscuit Eater's Heaven

I'm a biscuit eater.

Now before you take that to dirty town, remember I am a southerner and we love us some biscuits. If I had known the extent of how delicious Poogan Porch's biscuits were in college I would have made a new friend called diabetes. That, or morbid obesity.

My mother met my boyfriend over brunch at Poogan's Porch. Poogan's was his suggestion. He made a great second-first impression by taking us there.

Never one to pass up eggs benedict of any kind, I ordered the Fried Green Tomato Eggs Benedict with Peppered Bacon. Are you salivating yet? You should be. These perfectly poached, quivering, delicate eggs weren't perched atop lame English muffins-- oh no-- they were cupped by biscuit halves. I ate everything on my plate. I suggest you order this and do the same.

My mother ordered fried green tomatoes and a cup of gumbo, one of the best she's ever had. I tasted it myself, she wasn't lying.

The boyfriend ordered the fried chicken biscuit-- a solid choice. He didn't let me take a bite, but his plate was cleared in about four seconds.

After we were all finished a basket of biscuits appeared at the table. These were, of course, supposed to be served before our meals arrived but each of us happily ended our meal with some of the best biscuits we have ever had; warm and slathered with homemade honey butter.

I'm a biscuit lover.

Poogan's Porch on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. i've never craved biscuits until today. this is awesome news. i'm cracking up bc your bf wouldn't let you have a bite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, it's okay, I got more biscuits than he did :-)

    ReplyDelete