Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Goldie But a Goodie

CHALLENGE UPDATE: Things are going well with regard to my "$67 for two weeks of meals" challenge. I've realized the common obstacles to healthy eating on a budget: energy and time constraints. I admit I went and bought two slices of vegetarian pizza the other night from Whole Foods. I was too tired to cook and absolutely not in the mood to clean up. I've been living off of my delicious Golden Raisin Oat Bran Muffins and I made my Thai-Inspired Steak Salad, too. As planned I used the leftovers from the steak salad and wrapped them in whole grain tortillas to make tacos. Yum!


Necessity is the mother of invention. I needed to use up my remaining fibrous muffins this morning and was simply tired of just shoving it in my mouth between sips of scalding hot Dunkin' Donuts coffee. This morning I made a breakfast that tasted like dessert: I put my muffin into a banana smoothie. 


A Goldie But a Goodie Smoothie (AKA What to do with your leftover Golden Raisin Oat Bran Muffins)


Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup lowfat organic plain yogurt
  • 1/2 cup lowfait organic milk
  • 1 Golden Raisin Oat Bran Muffin
  • 3 ice cubes
  • a touch of honey
  • hemp hearts 
  • 1/2 frozen banana
A smoothie is pretty self-explanatory, but put all of the above into a blender and, well, blend until smooth and enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment