Friday, December 2, 2011

24 Birthday at the Biltmore

At first, I was told we were going to the Yorktown. 


(My boyfriend has this wonderful habit of trying to surprise me but forgetting he's dating a very, very smart woman. No matter, his surprises are always fabulous!)


I was told to get into the car, which he'd packed with a pillow and a blanket in case I wanted to sleep (because I'm not a morning person) and gave me a pile of reading material for the drive:



I knew as soon as we got onto I-26 where we were headed: The Biltmore! We had talked about visiting a few months ago (which is when he apparently planned the entire trip).


The most romantic stop of the day <3
I am standing in the middle of a stream... after going for a run uphill. 




I already cannot wait to go back. Next time, we have to stay longer than just 5 hours. The grounds, the house and the history are absolutely magical. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday surprise or a better person with which to spend it. 







No comments:

Post a Comment