Friday, August 13, 2010

Garden Update!

My garden started as a few seedlings and now everything has grown, multiplied, and become a very green, meditative place for me. Every week this morning I've awoken and right away and ventured outside to check on my garden, kill caterpillars, and meditate for 10 minutes. I can tell a significant difference in myself from seeking the divine every morning. I am calm, I do not become aggravated with others (crazy drivers, rude members of the general public), I am positive and I can feel my connection with God strengthening. Seeking God everyday has strengthened my essence; I am tapping into the source. One of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite books Eat, Pray, Love is, "The best we can do, then, in response to our incomprehensible and dangerous world, is to practice holding equilibrium internally-- no matter what insanity is transpiring out there."









One of my herb boxes and my baby arugula plants.








The cucumber plant that continuously grows and grows and grows... no cucumbers yet, though!













My yellow tomato plant's baby green tomatoes.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I'm glad you're finding inner peace in this crazy world. I, too, am obsessed with my garden and love to sit outside on the porch every morning with my cup of coffee and watch them dance in the wind. So far, I'm just working on herbs, I'll do veggies in the future. Good luck to you and your garden my dear!

    ReplyDelete