Friday, August 27, 2010

I'm Employed!

Yes, yes, it's true! I am gainfully employed at not one but two jobs! Technically only one is a job and the other is an internship but let's not argue over details...

The first place that signed me on as an employee was none other than one of my favorite furniture stores, West Elm. In the Pottery Barn family of stores West Elm is the effortlessly chic, modern, and fashionable aunt. I have met the General Manager (for privacy purposes let's call him PT) several times before as my mother is an interior decorator and loves to incorporate pieces from West Elm into her spaces. On the off chance they were hiring I dropped by my resume about a week and a half ago. Not only did they hire me, the basically created a position for me! After reading over my resume PT called me in for an interview. They were looking for someone to increase West Elm's visibility, market the brand locally, manage its public relations campaign, and plan events at the local store. I could not be more honored to have been selected for this position. Though currently only working part-time I have the opportunity to turn this into a full time position considering my performance. I am working with a nonexistant budget, which I find invigorating and challenging in the best ways.

Two days after getting my job at West Elm I interviewed with a local boutique PR firm here in town, AXIA. Long story short I am now the fall intern for AXIA and am equally enthusiastic about the experience I will glean from this internship. Coupled with my position at West Elm my life is going to be consumed with public relations. How exciting!

1 comment:

  1. WELL! i just so happened to get a bookcase delivered from west elm yesterday...and i spent two hours last night tussling with it!

    are you a bookcase whisperer as well as fabulous?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete