Thursday, January 13, 2011

Kaleidoscope

On Monday afternoon I spent two and a half hours in therapy. I have been going to therapy since I was 15 and can assure you it's been a godsend. I had not been to see my therapist since before the ex and I broke up. It's been long overdue. 


My therapist and I discussed my past relationship, on getting rid of the residual feelings and moving forward. I cannot tell you how wonderful I felt (and still feel!) since that therapy session. The fire I was missing, the fire that was such a hallmark characteristic of mine is back and ablaze. Since Monday I have completed my MBA application, solidified a relationship, given my public relations boss my two weeks notice (not because I do not LOVE it there, but because it's time for me to move on and allow some other new underling grow in that position) and have started heavily looking for jobs and places to live in Charleston. 


The most exciting part of my therapy session is always what happens in the days that follow. In my opinion the point of therapy is to, of course, release, but also to end negative patterns much like one of my favorite quote says:



To that end, I realized that you are bound by the rules you place upon yourself. I have decided to become more daring and take better risks. I have, as of late, been far too rational to satisfy my Sagittarius tendencies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment