Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sweet and Salty Chocolate (Birthday) Cake

Good afternoon! July is always a big baking month because three very important people were born towards the end of this summer month. My mother on July 25, my godmother, Caroline, on July 27, and my dear friend, Clay, on July 28. 
To celebrate the Leos in my life, I decided to fix something to celebrate their confident opulence: a three layer sweet and salty chocolate birthday cake. In between moist layers of chocolate cake rest salted caramel sauce and a chocolate-caramel whipped buttercream. Um, hello? Delicious! The best part was when all three of my Leos were blowing out the birthday candles and Caroline's hair caught on fire. It did not matter, though, because the cake was just that good.

I snagged the recipe from our dear crafty Martha Stewart, who snagged it from the folks over at Baked in Brooklyn.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment